Gaviscon Infant mixes with and stabilises the stomach contents so preventing reflux and regurgitation.
Powder for Oral Suspension
- Regurgitation and Gastric Reflux
- For infants and Young Children
Dosage and Warnings
Gaviscon Infant is not to be used in infants under 1 year of age, except under medical supervision. Sterile powder for oral administration. Each sachet contains one dose. Prepare immediately before use, as directed below. Do not give more than six times in 24 hours.
This product does not contain: sugar.
Breast-fed infants aged 1-2 years: Under 4.5kg (10lb), one dose. Over 4.5kg (10lb), two doses. Add 5mL of cooled, boiled water to the powder in a glass. Mix to a smooth paste and add another 10mL water to the mix. Give after each feed, using a spoon or feeding bottle.
Bottle-fed infants aged 1-2 years: Inder 4.5kg (10lb), one dose to be mixed into not less than 115mL of each feed in the bottle and shaken well. Over4.5kg (10lb), two doses to be mixed into not less than 225mL of each feed in the bottle and shaken well.
- Please read enclosed leaflet before use. Do not use Gaviscon Infant with other feed thickening agents or infant milk preparations containing a thickening agent. Do not use more than the stated amount. Do not give more than six times in 24 hours. maximum daily dose for infants over 4.5 kg (10lb) or for young children, equates to intake of 3.45g of mannitol E421. Products containing mannitol may have a laxative effect cause diarrhoea. Each sachet is security sealed. Do not use if damaged. Each sachet of Gaviscon Infant contains approximately 23.9mg sodium. If your infant has been put on low sodium (salt) diet ask your doctor or other health professional before taking the product. Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Sodium Alginate 225mg,
- Magnesium Alginate 87.5mg
Each dose of powder contains:
How Gaviscon Infant works?
Gaviscon Infant helps prevent reflux, where the stomach contents seep back up the oesophagus (food pipe). It contains active ingredients sodium alginate and magnesium alginate. It works by thickening the baby’s stomach contents so that the stomach contents are more difficult to regurgitate.
Gaviscon Infant helps to significantly reduce how often a baby brings up milk. The number of times a baby regurgitates can be reduced by nearly two thirds by using Gaviscon Infant.
* Miller S. 1999 (Reckitt sponsored)
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.