- Mixed Berry
Gaviscon Dual Action for fast, soothing and long lasting relief from the pain and discomfort of heartburn (gastric reflux) and indigestion.
It works in two different ways:
- More effective reduction of excess stomach acid to relieve discomfort
- Forming a protective layer over the stomach contents to soothe the burning pain in your chest.
- Dual action relief from heartburn and indigestion
- Soothes from just 4 minutes (Strugala v et al. 2010)*
Dosage and Warnings
Liquid: Shake well before use. Adults and children over 12 years: 20mL. Children 6-12 years: 10mL. Not recommended for children under 6 years. Take as required after meals and before going to bed, up to 4 times a day or as directed. Ensure cap seal is unbroken before first use. If symptoms persist see your doctor.
The maximum total daily intake (80mL) for adults contains 1023mg of sodium (take into account if on a low sodium diet). Contains hydroxybenzoates, saccharin and sodium. Store below 30°C but do not refrigerate. Discard 6 months after opening. Keep out of reach of children. Glass bottle - handle with care. Do not drink directly from the bottle.
This product does not contain: aluminium, sugar, gluten or artificial colouring.
This medicine may not be right for you. Read the label before purchase. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
- 500mg Sodium Alginate
- 213mg Sodium Bicarbonate
- 325mg Calcium Carbonate
Each 10mL dose of oral liquid suspension contains
How Gaviscon Dual Action works
Gaviscon Dual Action works in two different ways to effectively relieve the symptoms of heartburn and indigestion:
- The antacid– the antacid in Gaviscon Dual Action neutralises excess stomach acid to relieve the pain and discomfort of indigestion.
- The raft– the sodium alginate in Gaviscon Dual Action forms a thick layer (think of it like a ‘raft’) on top of your stomach contents. The ‘raft’ then acts as a physical barrier that helps keep your stomach contents where they belong – in your stomach – and not in your food pipe where they can cause discomfort and burning pain.
Watch the video below to find out more.