Gaviscon Peppermint Liquid brings fast, soothing and long lasting relief from the pain and discomfort of heartburn (gastric reflux) and indigestion. Gaviscon quickly soothes the burning sensation and helps keep digestive acid in the stomach where it should be.
Dosage and Warnings
How to take Gaviscon Liquid:
- Adults and children over 12 years: 10-20mL.
- Children 6-12 years: 5-10mL.
- Not recommended for children under 6 years.
- Take as required after meals and before going to bed, up to 4 times a day or as directed.
- Ensure cap seal is unbroken before first use.
- Shake well before use.
- If symptoms persist see your doctor.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Store below 30°C but do not refrigerate
- Contains hydroxybenzoates, saccharin and sodium.
- Glass bottle - handle with care
- Do not drink directly from the bottle
- The maximum total daily intake (80mL) for adults contains 1128mg of sodium (take into account if on a low sodium diet).
- Does not contain aluminium, sugar or gluten.
This medicine may not be right for you. Read the label before purchase. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
- 500mg sodium alginate
- 267mg sodium bicarbonate
- 160mg calcium carbonate.
Each 10mL dose contains
How Gaviscon Original works
When you want relief from heartburn, Gaviscon Original can help. The discomfort and pain from heartburn come from excess stomach acid coming back up into your oesophagus (food pipe). The sodium alginate in Gaviscon acts as a ‘raft’ that forms over the contents of your stomach to help relieve reflux. Gaviscon Original soothes and effectively relieves the classic – and often painful symptoms of heartburn and indigestion, so you can feel better.
Gaviscon Liquid starts to work from 4 minutes* and lasts up to 4 hours!**
** --> Chervrel B. 1980
Always read the label before purchase. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.